always look forward to the weekend; my hubby is home, I have help with the girls, and we get to go do fun stuff together as a family. This weekend was extra special because my younger brother came home from college for the weekend! My girls LOVE their “Bubby.” They get so excited to see him, and never question whether or not he wants to play play-doh with them for hours at a time.

Wonderful Weekend | Twin Tough
My brother, sister, and me
My mom gave my husband and I a great gift too-she watched the girls so we could both go hiking together, with my dad, brother, sister, and aunt. We haven’t gone hiking together in years! We had such a great time. (I will admit, I am very a little sore today.) The leaves were so pretty, and just getting some cardio in felt great!

Wonderful Weekend | Twin Tough

Wonderful Weekend | Twin Tough

Wonderful Weekend | Twin Tough

The highlight of this weekend was getting to play music with my brother again. He is an amazing bass player, and he filled in at our church for our bass player who happened to be out of town this weekend. I play keyboard, so we got to play together again for the first time in years! He did an amazing job, and I have to say that every time someone gave him a compliment, my chest got a little bigger. I’m so proud of him, and can’t wait to watch and see all that he is going to be and accomplish. Love you bro.

Jamie decided that raking the yard would be a good project for the afternoon, (he also wanted to try out his brand-new “clog-free” rake that he had just purchased) and before too long, had a few really big leaf piles that the girls just couldn’t resist. Somehow, piles of leaves are much more fun when you’re little. You don’t notice the sticks, poky stems, spiders, dust, stuff in your eye, etc… They had a blast! We were picking stuff out of their hair (and other places) for hours. I think it was worth it, though.

Wonderful Weekend | Twin Tough

Wonderful Weekend | Twin Tough

Thank you God, for family, and for the wonderful moments that we get to spend together. May I look for joy in each one of them, and may I never take them for granted.

Tagged with →
17 Comments
Share →

17 Responses to Wonderful Weekend

1. Great post and love the pictures!!!

2. love the pics :) yay for family!

3. Rachel says:

Thanks, Cintia! I have to agree, family is the best!!

4. Fall has got to be the best season for family stuff!

5. Great post, Ray! Enjoyed it too!

6. Rachel says:

Thanks Sharon and Christian! And I have to agree, fall is a great season! :)

7. Sara says:

I love the pictures of them playing in the leaves! How wonderful it is to have seasons!

8. Rachel says:

Thank you, Sara. Yes, it is definitely a blessing to be able to enjoy all the seasons each year brings!

9. Rachel says:

Love the pictures from your hike. The Fall colors are gorgeous! I love the yellows of the trees. And such a blessing that you were able to spend time with your family. Those moments matter!

And, of course, I love the leaves in the backyard pics. Total faves.

10. Rachel says:

Thank you, Rachel! It is always a blessing when we get to spend time with family. Hope you have a great weekend!!

11. Susan says:

I love this Rachel. Y’all are all so precious and I’m so happy you had such a fun weekend. Your pictures are fabulous. Did you take those with an iPhone? Hope you and your family are doing well!

12. Rachel says:

Thanks, Susan! We had such great time together. When you don’t get to all be together very often, it is really special when you actually do. And yes, I did take those with my iTouch. I know I need to use a real camera, but I rarely carry one around. Thanks for the encouragement, and hope you have a great weekend!

13. Rachel says:

Ha! I love what you said about kids not noticing all the creepy crawlies and dust etc in leaves. I used to be exactly the same, rolling around in leaves. Now I’m worried about getting spiders in my hair! What a wimp!

I love the photos of your hike too. Looks sooo beautiful.

14. Rachel says:

Yes, it is so true! Things hold so much wonder when you are little. :)Thanks for stopping by, and all the sweet comments. Have a wonderful weekend!

15. tina wood says:

great post ray love you bunches

16. tina and norm says:

were so glad to be part of your life and have had the opportunity to have walked through this with you. He is faithful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!