|Madison Street Beauty mineral eyeshadow in Wisteria (in back,) Galaxy, Plum, and Champagne.
I have a little secret. I LOVE makeup. I mean, really, really have a thing for it. When I have been running around the house all
day morning, in my robe, p.j.s, and slippers (don’t judge me, you know you do it too!), and then I get to finally take a shower, put real clothes on, and put a little color on my face, I feel like a brand-new person!
|Madison Street Beauty mineral eyeshadow in Starry Night.
Having little ones running around means that any primping has got to get done fast! Here are five really easy, quick tips to brighten and enhance your eye area.
1. Smile - super-easy, I know, but it makes you look younger, happier, and gives you a glow that no makeup ever could achieve
2. Get more rest - lack of sleep can cause your eye area to look red and puffy, and you may even notice dark circles look more pronounced
3. Use a concealer under your eyes, in the inner corners, an always use a primer on your lids - I know that a primer seems kind of unnecessary, but it makes a huge difference! Your eyeshadows will stay on much longer, with much less creasing, and the pigments in your eyeshadow will be much more true to color, and will show up much better, resulting in you using less product.
4. Learn a few good eyeshadow-applying techniques that will help you quickly pull together a simple, beautiful look.* (Read more below) Also, you can check out some great tutorials here, here, and here.
5. Use your eyes to see what God sees - our eyes can be used in so many ways; to quickly assess and negatively judge, to look for opportunities where we can score a deal/promotion and get ahead, to pore over things that we want, but can’t or shouldn’t get. Or we can train our eyes to look for the good in people and situations, to watch for brothers/sisters/friends that are in need of some love and care, to see opportunities for positive change and growth, and to see possibility where others see only hopelessness. God wants to improve our vision. Be sure to ask Him today what it is that He wants you to see.
—> Following these five steps will have dramatic results in the appearance of your eyes! <---
I am super-excited to get to share with you an exciting new company that I have just recently discovered. Madison Street Beauty produces all-natural, handmade, chemical-free, mineral beauty products, that are gorgeous, creamy and beautifully-pigmented, as well as hypoallergenic, sustainable, fragrance-free, gluten-free, oil and talc-free, and safe for sensitive skin. (You can read more of their product statement here.)
I have been a staunch bareMinerals user for over four years now, and I said that I would never use anything else. Enter Madison Street Beauty. I bought some eyeshadows for myself and a few as gifts at Christmas, and I’ve been in love ever since. The colors are rich, vibrant, they apply easily, yet stay on all day with no creasing, are super-blendable and wearable, and are priced very reasonably. The owners, Bridget and Rhys, are full-time sellers on etsy, meaning that they devote 100% of their time to creating these amazing products, and getting them to you as quickly as possible.
|Madison Street Beauty mineral eyeshadows in Bronze Sand, Blackberry, and Opal.
|Madison Street Beauty mineral eyeshadow in Blackberry.
Opal is a soft off-white, cream color with a very sheer lilac shimmer; Bronze Sand is a true tan color, with a really smooth satin finish; Blackberry is a deep wine/eggplant color that is perfect for applying in the crease of your eyelid, or used as a liner when applied wet. Note: when Blackberry is applied wet, it has a much more brown/brick color than it does when used dry.
–> Apply Opal to entire lid, lash line to brows
–> Pat Bronze Sand on the outer half of lid
–> Using a blending or crease-defining brush, apply a very small amount of Blackberry, and blend to desired strength
–> Using a lining brush, wet the tip and swirl with a small amount of Blackberry in the lid; line upper (and lower, if you wish) lid. You can also smudge that line out a little if you want a more smoky look.
–> Finish with mascara. Done! You look great!!
I have thoroughly enjoyed using my Madison Street Beauty mineral eye colors; I can’t say enough about how pretty they are, how smoothly they apply, and what amazing staying-power they have. (And the value is insane!) I am now a customer for life! I’m so hoping that you have been inspired to check them out as well!
Now, for the best part! Madison Street Beauty has offered to give one reader three full-size eyeshadows in these same colors!! One of you lucky ladies will win full-size pots of Opal, Bronze Sand, and Blackberry, as well as a 20% coupon to use on your next purchase! Good luck to you all!!
To Enter: ~ CLOSED
Leave a comment below, sharing your best beauty trick.
(If you are having trouble posting a comment, click on the “_ comments” link at the bottom of this post, then just scroll down and select Name/URL. You can leave the URL field blank, but just be sure to include your name and email address in the comment so we know who to announce as the winner!)
Want Extra Entries?
Each item you do will give you one chance to win (for a total of SEVEN extra chances), if you ALREADY do any of these things, they DO count, so make sure to come back to the blog and leave a comment for each item, letting me know that you did so. You must leave each entry as a separate comment or only one comment will count.
1. Subscribe to Twin Tough by RSS or Email (buttons top right)
Leave a separate comment for each entry ~ 8 possible entries per person!
The Giveaway will close Sunday, February 12, at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be selected using Random.org, and announced Monday, February 13th! Giveaway Winner ~ Rose Binoya
US residents only.
*I was given product for review, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not monetarily compensated in any way for this positive review.