The holiday shopping season has officially begun! This year, why not give gifts that give back? Gifts that don’t just last one holiday season, but could have a lasting, eternal impact on your world!
Gift-giving is my love language! Nothing excites me more than the thought of contemplating someone’s likes, passions, hobbies, and blessing them with some sort of gift that makes them feel loved, known, and appreciated. It’s not everyone’s thing, and I respect that. But, it’s TOTALLY my thing!
Now, I’m not saying that gifts all have to be store-bought, expensive items – not at all! A gift could be many things – a hot, homemade meal for a new mom and dad, a thoughtful note card to let someone know that they are loved, an errand run for someone who is confined to the house, a sweet, messy ornament made by your little one for someone who is alone…I could go on and on.
Also, I feel the need for a disclaimer here: I am not perfect in this department. I love discerning needs and wants and try to find ways to meet those needs, but I still have lots to learn. I want to always be growing in generosity and thoughtfulness. I believe when you allow God to use you to bless others, you always receive even bigger blessings in return!
I believe this age-old saying to be very true…“You can’t out-give God!”
So, in this spirit of giving, I’ve compiled a list of my top 10 favorite “gifts that give back” to share with you all. Some of these beautiful items are handmade by artisans in impoverished areas, some are gifts that could literally save lives, and some of the gifts are from
regular extraordinary retailers that are committed to making a difference! All of these companies are committed to giving back - check out their “About” pages or mission statements to find out more!
Top 10 Gifts That Give Back:
- Samaritan’s Purse Christmas 2013 Gift Catalog – 43 gifts of hope: clean water, food, medicine, clothes, shoes, and more
- Ladybug Purse – Global Goods Partners
- Taupe Moroccan Suede Women’s Desert Wedges – TOMS (for every pair of shoes or eyewear purchased, TOMS donates a pair to someone in need. One for One.)
- FEED Kenya Kikoy Pouch – “FEED Projects’ mission is to create good products that help FEED the world.”
- Carmichael Sunglasses in Root Beer – Warby Parker (for every pair of eyewear purchased, a pair is donated to someone in need.)
- Not The End T-Shirt – Not The End…a ministry of AWANA (Proceeds from every shirt sold deliver a Crossway ESV Bible to a child in Kenya and support the ministry of Awana.)
- 726 Boho Bag – Polka Dots – Joyn India (Joyn provides marketplace opportunity for artisans living in impoverished countries.)
- 720 Wristlet – Spring Floral – Joyn India (I couldn’t resist putting another one of their items in – so pretty!)
- SquareHue Monthly Nail Polish Subscription – Square Hue actively partners with organizations that assist and care for the hurting and needy. Their current focus is human trafficking and they are partnering with A21 Campaign.
- Show Hope Gifts of Hope – “Gifts that change an orphan’s world.”
This season can become so self-focused, let’s challenge ourselves to look at the bigger picture – God’s great love for us and all of humanity, His ultimate gift of love in Jesus, and our call to give back that love to a desperately needy world.
I pray that this Christmas season is full of warmth and joy for you this year! May you find rest and peace, even amid the busyness, and may the light and love of Christ overflow in your heart, and radiate to those around you!
*This is not a sponsored post. There are no affiliate links. I have not been compensated in any way for my recommendation of these companies or their products.